VOLOS POP UP EVENT
Following the pop-up event in Chania that took place in June 2022, our out-of-town events will be traveling to Volos and its industrial heritage this year!
In collaboration with the Piraeus Bank Group Cultural Foundation, we are organizing architectural tours of 9 industrial buildings in Volos, starting from the Rooftile and Brickworks Museum N. & S. Tsalapatas.
Our volunteers will guide the public on Saturday, May 27th, and Sunday, May 28th, 2023, through the rich and unique industrial history and architecture of this city!
Participation in the tours is free of charge. No reservation is required for the visit. To attend the tours, all you have to do is visit the places that interest you during their visiting days and hours.
The program will be announced here in mid-May.
HOW TO ATTEND THE TOURS
1. Study the program.
2. Visit the spaces that interest you during their opening hours. Visitors are advised to arrive in time in the buildings they wish to visit, as after the end of the opening hours, the building closes. Therefore, if there is a waiting time you may not be able to follow the tour.
3. Wait for your turn to follow the tour. Entrance by order of priority (based on the time of arrival at each space, during the opening hours) and at set intervals.
No reservations are made.
Entrance is free for all.
An info point will operate at the entrance of the Rooftile and Brickworks Museum N. & S. Tsalapatas, where information and details about the event and the participating venues will be provided.
Visitors must follow and respect the special requirements that a space may have in order to enter (eg. no photos, ID, etc).
The buildings participating in the guided tours program are:
– Tsalapatas Rooftile and Brickworks Factory
– Paparigas Machine Shop
– Papantou Tobacco Warehouse
– Spyrer Tobacco Warehouse
– Etmejoglou Silk Mill
– Mourtzoukou Textile Mills
– Electric Company
– Matsangos Tobacco Factory
– Papastratos Tobacco Warehouse
Open House Greece Urban Non Profit Company
Tatiana Anagnostara marketing manager
Katerina Doudoumi creative manager
Renata Douma communication manager
Jean Kantartzis volunteers coordinator
Christina Vasileiadou, Archonti Ioannou, Katerina Kleisiari, Anna Markopoulou, Anastasia Mpompou, Eleni Palli, Christina Papachronopoulou, Danai Tasiopoulou
τ: +30 6937213824
τ: +30 6949274898