AIKATERINI LASKARIDIS HISTORICAL LIBRARY
The library of the Laskaridis Foundation is housed in a neoclassical building of 1907, originally owned by the merchant, bankerö and politician Georgios Stringos. With a special history, as it was commanded during the occupation by the German troops, it was the home of the Royal Navy Officers’ Club and later of the French Institute of Athens. Today, restoration and maintenance works of 2014, have succeeded in highlighting the space as an environment that emphasises the old book as a source of knowledge.
- Open House 2018, VIRTUAL TOURS 2020
- Είδος κτιρίου EDUCATIONAL
- Περιοχή PIRAEUS
- Περίοδος 1900-1940